Get your printable lesson for the 'How to hold your guitar ' tutorial here: https://www.patreon.com/60secondguitarlessons/posts
- Becoming a patron helps to support my free lessons/tutorials on YouTube. With your support, I can continue to grow, making better and more content, for your best learning experience. You can support for as little as 1/month for access to all my songsheets and tabsheets and a monthly chance to win a tutorial of your choice!
In this short guitar lesson I show you some essential key points for those who start with playing the guitar (and of course those who are just curious!).
To sum it up:
- Play with your fingertips
- Place your finger next to the fret
- Place your thumb in the middle of the neck
Right hand (with plectrum)
- Hold your plectrum the right way (see video ; )
- Always play up and down (not mentioned in the video)
- Hold you pick not to flat, not to diagonal, just a little slant.
Right hand (with fingers)
- If you strum, do as if you are holding a plectrum
- If you fingerpick, use the right fingers for the right strings (see video).
This lesson is one of seven 'Lessons For Beginners' (7 steps method). You can find a fully structured course book (pdf) of this course on my Patreon page:
I will drop a video for all 7 lessons. So, stay tuned!
Subscribe here for a new tutorial every week! https://goo.gl/JyxMkL
Music: 'Never Seen', by Comics
Website | http://www.okgitaarlessen.nl
Facebook | https://www.facebook.com/groups/OKGuitarChannel/
Patreon | https://www.patreon.com/60secondguitarlessons