A countdown of 25 fun facts that may surprise you.
25 Fast Fun Facts About Anything #3 | Random CountdownZ
25. Southern sea otters have flaps of skin under their forelegs that act as pockets. When diving, they use these pouches to store rocks and food.
24. More people are allergic to cow’s milk than any other food.
23. The average hummingbird weighs 3 to 4 grams, which is less than a nickel.
22. Dogs are capable of understanding up to 250 words and gestures and have demonstrated the ability to do simple mathematical calculations.
21. A sheep, a duck and a rooster were the first passengers in a hot air balloon.
20. A flea can jump up to 200 times its own height. That is the equivalent of a human jumping the Empire State Building.
19. A ball of glass will bounce higher than a ball of rubber.
18. 68% of the universe is dark energy, and 27% is dark matter; both are invisible, even with our powerful telescopes. This means we have only seen 5% of the universe from earth.
17. The founders of Google were willing to sell Google for less than 1 million dollers to Excite (now known as Ask.com) in 1999, but Excite turned them down. Google is now worth $527 Billion.
16. If you started with $0.01 and doubled your money every day, it would take 27 days to become a millionaire.
15. If you took all the blood vessels out of an average child and laid them out in one line, the line would stretch over 60,000 miles, but an adult's would be closer to 100,000 miles long.
14. A person can live without food for about a month, but only about a week without water. If the amount of water in your body is reduced by just 1%, you’ll feel thirsty. If it’s reduced by 10%, you’ll die.
13. Human birth control pills work on gorillas.
12. There are no clocks in Las Vegas gambling casinos. This is because they want gamblers to stay longer.
11. Months that begin on a Sunday will always have a “Friday the 13th.”
10. Some worms, ribbon worms for example, will eat themselves if they can’t…