Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge are making a comeback after the devastating forest fires this past fall. In this video we explore my favorite hotel in Gatlinburg, and then head up the mountain on an amazing sky tram to Ober. Ober's an amazing place to visit, and in this video I'll share what we like about Ober. Also, I invite you to celebrate a birthday with me at Ober while enjoying some of the amazing views! Links and information to follow!
Follow me on twitter!
A Nose for Life also provides video content on Vidme! follow the link!
***I am not sponsored by any of the businesses in this vide...
However, I'd like to be. No, seriously. I'm not even that expensive and you should really think about it. Contact me at the following email address!
1. Cryptic Sorrow - Atlantean Twilight by Kevin MacLeod is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution license (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/)
2. Investigations by Kevin MacLeod is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution license (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/)
3. Tennessee Hayride by Audionautix is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution license (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/)
4. Majestic Hills by Kevin MacLeod is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution license (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/)
5. Thingamajig by Audionautix is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution license (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/)
1. USA Today
A month after historic fire, Gatlinburg rebuilds
by Steve Ahillen
2. Park Vista Hotel Gatlinburg Tennessee
At first, the news was reporting that The Park Vista Hotel burned to the ground. But this is not the case. The cabins in front of the Park Vista did burn, and they are gone now, and from what I understand there are no plans to rebuild those cabins, but that’s not official. The Hotel has done an amazing job cleaning up, and it looks great. I am thankful for the friendly staff who shared their memories of the tragic event with me personally, but I did not feel that my assignment to share their story on this video. Nevertheless, I'm grateful that the amazing Park Vista still stands, and it has the best view inside and outside of any hotel in Gatlinburg, and the rates won't kill your bank account.
***News about the Park Vista Hotel During the Fire
WATE 6 On Your Side staff
***The re-opening of the Park Vista
Knoxville New Sentinel
3. Ripleys Aquarium Gatlinburg, Tennessee
I didn't cover Ripley's Aquarium in this video. But I did capture some video.
4. Gatlinburg Official Website
Visit this website. You won't regret it!
5. Pigeon Forge
6. Dixie Stampede
Just a tip. It's always safe to get your tickets before you go, and you can do so by visiting the link I've provided. However, ask the person taking your reservation if discounts are being offered for other attractions if combined with your DS tickets.
This theme/amusement park is growing, and I'm beginning to fall in-with it. I'm telling you, something great is going on here.
Ober is a unique part of Gatlinburg. I didn't say everything I really wanted to say in this video. I need to do some more research, and really discuss Ober in a future video. I think Ober is at its best in the coldest part of winter when there's snow on the ground in the valley and in the mountains. But it doesn't always work out that way, especially this past winter.
9. Aerial Tramway Ober Gatlinburg
The best view in Gatlinburg may be seen while riding the Aerial Tram. I suggest going early to avoid the crowds later in the day. The ride is very smooth, though it swings gently while transitioning. If you're prone for motion sickness, this shouldn't be too bad.
****10. Ober Gatlinburg Activity Rates
This site is awesome for planning. Summer is coming quickly!