Modern Warfare 2 is regarded as one of the best Call of Duty games by Call of Duty fans. Throughout the development of Modern Warfare 2, there was a bunch of maps, weapons, perks, and game modes that were intended to make it into the final version of the game. But for one reason or another, they were cut. I’m here to take you through a list of some of the most interesting things that were cut from Modern Warfare 2. This is… 6 Things That Were Cut From Modern Warfare 2.
Check out some of my other videos if you enjoyed this one:
2014 MacBook Air Gaming Test: http://bit.ly/2014MBAGT
10 Things You Didn’t Know About Fallout: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEtqXOoSm98
10 Things You Didn't Know About Fallout 3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k35OXhZt9Xg
10 Things You Didn’t Know About Fallout 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDwdSsxOzkk
10 Things You Didn't Know About Fallout New Vegas: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNJI01OA9AY
10 More Things You Didn't Know About Fallout: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qu5Ix_b30w
10 Things You Didn't Know About Grand Theft Auto: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nr5CKLq8VA
More Videos: http://bit.ly/MoreMittenSquad
Click Here To Help Save A Beagle: bit.ly/SaveSomeBeagles
6 Things That Were Cut From Modern Warfare 2 (in text form)
6. There were a bunch of weapons that were, at one point, intended to make it into the final version of Modern Warfare 2, but they were cut from the game for unknown reasons. Some of the weapons include the Remington 870, which only has a texture sheet still in the games files, the MP-44, a leftover from the original Modern Warfare, it has a Create-A-Class icon and some images of the weapon are in the games files, the G36C has a texture sheet in the games files as well as a HUD icon, the textures for the Modern Warfare 1 version of it’s Red Dot Sight, and a create a class icon. Other cut weapons include the M60E4 light-machine gun, M40A3 sniper rifle, G3 assault rifle, Golden Desert Eagle handgun, R700 sniper rifle, M249 SAW light-machine gun, and the MP5 sub-machine gun.
5. If you’ve played Modern Warfare 2’s campaign, or Modern Warfare 3’s multiplayer, you should be at least vaguely familiar with the MH-6 Little Bird. In Modern Warfare 2, it’s the helicopter that drops off your care package. Code and sound files in the game indicate that at one point, the MH-6 Little Bird was going to be a kill streak that you get. You’d be able to fly the helicopter around and shoot people using javelin missiles and a mini-gun that were equipped on the Little Bird. Modern have even gotten the kill streak to partially work, though it’s not perfect.
4. Like with the weapons, there were many maps that were going to be in the game at one point. Most of the known maps that were cut are just names, meaning that they were cut pretty early on in development. However, a few maps do have descriptions to give you an idea of what they’d be like. Here’s a few of them. Gridiron - Open launch pad. Huge sight lines and dangerous maneuvering. Gulag - Night time jail fight. Large scale Russian prison fighting. Downpour - Big rainy Russian farm. Excellent for Sabotage matches. Plaza - A planned campaign mission and multiplayer map that was scrapped, along with any mentions of an Ultranationalist invasion on the West coast.
3. Everyone loves trains, and there was going to a rideable train in a multiplayer map in Modern Warfare 2. Why it was cut isn’t known, it likely would have taken the player from one side of the map to the other. The screens of people near the train would shake when the train went by. It would make its ride once ever 2-3 minutes. All that’s in the game is some scripts and a kill icon for the train, which was named the L-Train.
2. Continuing with the lists within a list, there a lot of perks that were cut from Modern Warfare 2, and a lot of them have descriptions so we have a good idea of what they’d do. There are over 20 cut perks, so I’ll only go over some of the more interesting ones. Rearview - Minimap replaced with rear view. Challenger - Easy death but extra experience. Thermal Vision - Enemies glow white hot. Explosive Bullets - Bullets explode on impact. Primary Stand - Use any weapon in Last Stand.
1. There were a few game modes cut from Modern Warfare 2, but none of them are as interesting as Defcon. The Defcon starts at 5 when the match begins, and as it goes down to 1, players start gaining effects that would drastically alter gameplay. At Defcon 5, there are no effects and it’s like a normal game. At Defcon 4, all players will go into Last Stand prior to their death. Defcon 3 has every player dealing extra damage with all weapons. Defcon 2 effectively gives Hardline to all players, making kill streaks require one less kill to obtain.