I formulated a plan to create a constant reminder for myself that there’s a light in the darkness of my manic mind, even when I can’t find the switch. I wanted to change how I viewed the spot where I tried to take my own life by focusing on it's beauty (the beauty of life.) Sometimes you can only say so much with words.
IF YOU FEEL SUICIDAL
- Call the Samaritans 24-hour support service on 116 123
- Contact NHS 111 or go to the hospital (if you're in the UK)
- Call 1-800-273-8255 if you're in the USA (you’ll be connected to a skilled, trained counselor at a crisis center in your area, anytime 24/7.)
- Please speak to a friend, family member or someone you trust as they may be able to help you calm down and find some breathing space.
Read this - http://goo.gl/HboJrz
Suicidal Feelings - http://goo.gl/0DHIEu
SELF HELP (Things I've personally done or do that help - beautiful productive distractions)
- Go for a run with some music to help control negative adrenaline
Silversun Pickups - Out of Breath
Arctic Monkeys - The View From The Afternoon
- Go for a bike ride and feel the wind on your face to keep you calm
Tame Impala - Vital Signs - https://goo.gl/0VMa8X
- Play an instrument
- Find some tweeting birds, take five minutes to just listen to them chirp. Breathe.
- Meditate. Light some 'White Sage' Incense.
- Write a poem or just write down how you are feeling. Maybe even just scribble all the anger out on a blank piece of paper
- Surround yourself with your loved ones and speak to a close friend. If you have a support circle, let them support you. That's why they are there. Your people love you. Like Meredith Grey (From Grey's Anatomy) says 'You're my person.' Let your family and friends support you.
If you feel too isolated to open up to another human being, try one of the above options first then try re-approaching it.
Some songs that have helped uplift and reassure me when in this state of mind. As well as some songs that generally make me feel better so they might make you feel better. I could have gone on forever but here's a few..
Andrew Bird - Pulaski At Night - https://goo.gl/0Bpgcx
Anemone - Brian Jonestown Massacre - https://goo.gl/E873Vh
First Aid Kit - The Lion's Roar - https://goo.gl/qH5CZx
First Aid Kit - My Silver Lining - https://goo.gl/aFC6lY
Alex Turner - Stuck On Puzzle - https://goo.gl/VW39sI
The Cure - Lullaby - https://goo.gl/laJ3YC
David Bowie - Heroes - https://goo.gl/yUb5ne
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Save the Population - https://goo.gl/0bOV2T
Silversun Pickups - Three Seed - https://goo.gl/yXDx0I
Fly-Bi-Nites - Found Love - https://goo.gl/mv6ZLG
Paramore - Future - https://goo.gl/Daa589
Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Sacrilege - https://goo.gl/GZw1bj
Findlay - Off & On - https://goo.gl/vCk1We
Tupac - Only God Can Judge Me - https://goo.gl/WL9fuM
The Naked And Famous - Young Blood - https://goo.gl/9Pw5qM
I also just stumbled across this, which is incredibly beautiful.
Joelle - Don't Go (Suicide Awareness) Such a beautiful empowering song..
ARTICLES & INFO
Why the stigma of Suicide hurts so much
Prominent Human rights lawyer calls for more training for NHS staff to identify and help those at risk
'We must get men to talk': photographers address suicide rates among young men
Stephen Fry talks about Bipolar Disorder and mental health stigma
Stephen Fry - Only the lonely - Such an inspiring blog post
Stephen Fry on Bipolar Disorder
Lynn Keane - Suicide Prevention TED TALK
'You're Still Here' - Living After Suicide - TED TALK
Inspiring and Informative Blog Post by my homie Turquoise Trouble
SELF HELP / FORUMS / CHARITIES
SUPPORTING SOMEONE ELSE
Supporting someone who feels suicidal:
Common misconceptions, warning signs and how to approach a suicidal person:
10 things NOT to say to a suicidal person
Song: Brother - Kygo Remix
Patreon - www.patreon.com/Jingleheartart
Facebook - www.facebook.com/jingleheartart
Instagram - www.instagram.com/jingleheartart
Tumblr - www.jingleheartart.tumblr.com
Twitter - www.twitter.com/jingleheartart
Snapchat - @Jingleheartart
Business Contact/Brands: email@example.com
For Mailing Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for watching,
Send some love by Subscribing!
Disclaimer: This video is not sponsored.