We'll be talking about what's happened with Youtube's Monetization Policy, how some Youtubers are now exploiting it, and I'll be answering your questions live. (OPEN FOR MORE)
Youtube is strictly demonitizing / unmonetizing videos that are not advertiser friendly. As we saw after Mr. Repzion and Philip DeFranco of the Philip DeFranco Show had videos demonetized for cursing and covering sensitive topics, even news channels may not be protected. What does this mean for free speech and censorship, and will your favorite creators leave Youtube? All that and more in this video. (OPEN FOR MORE)
❤ Becky Boop
*** FOLLOW MY TWITTER for breaking news: http://twitter.com/instagamrr
Dozens of videos are being unmonetized across youtube and unless enough people stop using Youtube to where it negatively impacts the numbers they need to present to advertisers, Youtube has no incentive to change its monetization policy. The golden days of Youtube may be over - but what's worse and far more concerning is that with traditional media going the way of the dinosaur, the world's second largest search engine is now rewarding creators who self-sensor what topics they talk about in order to make more money.
- Youtube Help Forum, "A Clarification on Our Ads Monetization Policies"
- Mr. Repzion, "WTF YOUTUBE!? ADVERTISER FRIENDLY!?"
- Philip DeFranco (The Philip DeFranco Show), "YouTube Is Shutting Down My Channel and I'm Not Sure What To Do"
- Advertiser-friendly content guidelines
- MundaneMatt, "Let's talk about the Great YouTube Demonetization act of 2016"
- Philip DeFranco, The Philip DeFranco Show "WOW! The Youtube Demonetization Fallout is Ridiculous, Biased, And Lazy"