With Youtube's copyright systems, anyone can shut down any Youtube channel with just a few clicks. This is because of the way the DMCA, or Digital Millenium Copyright Act, is set up without reprecussions for people who abuse the system. Lenz v Universal is a court case that addresses this and requires that Fair Use be taken into account; now the case may go before the Supreme Court and I need your help. (OPEN FOR MORE)
❤ Becky Boop
For those interested in participating, contact me by email at email@example.com or DM me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/instagamrr
Follow my twitter for breaking news: http://twitter.com/instagamrr
- h3h3Productions, "We're Being Sued"
- h3h3Productions, "A New Chapter for Fair Use on YouTube"
- Doug Walker, Channel Awesome, "Where's The Fair Use? - Nostalgia Critic"
- I Hate Everything, "I Hate Everything vs Derek Savage - IT'S OVER"
- Becky Boop, "Youtube's Copyright System can be ABUSED by Anyone, Here's How | #WTFU Where's the Fair Use"
- Brief for an Amicus Curiae:
- Lenz V. Universal
- Fair Use cases: http://copyright.gov/fair-use/fair-index.html
- Fair Use in the law, 17 US Code 107: http://www.copyright.gov/title17/92chap1.html#107
- DMCA legal document: http://www.copyright.gov/legislation/dmca.pdf
- Youtube information on copyright claims: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/6013276?hl=en
- Youtube information on Copyright strike: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2814000
- Lenz v Universal "Fair Use must be taken into account" decision: http://cdn.ca9.uscourts.gov/datastore/opinions/2015/09/14/13-16106.pdf