*Please remember to comment/rate and let me know what you think, thanks!*
Here I do one of PAM's Jackpot missions and finally get the ability to put Ballistic Weave on applicable clothing items.
I also clear out the area in front of Haymarket Hall along the way, so I can travel back and forth through it as I please. Then, I stop by Goodneighbor to do some shopping, but Rufus is nowhere to be found...?
As far as I can tell, you can actually grab any of the DIA caches regardless of which one she points you to, so I just do Pinnacle Highrise since it's close.
So, to recap the steps needed to get Ballistic Weave:
1) Meet up with the Railroad and get the Tradecraft mission
2) Complete the Tradecraft mission (go ahead and talk to both PAM and Tinker Tom once you get into Railroad HQ to get their introductory dialogues out of the way; also, I hear the "Maybe later" option can make PAM glitch and not give you more quests, so watch out), which leads to you getting the Boston After Dark mission
3) Complete the Boston After Dark mission
4) Talk to PAM to get the Mercer Safehouse mission; complete it
5) Talk to PAM to get one of the Jackpot missions; complete it (don't necessarily have to do the one she sends you to; Pinnacle Highrise is the closest/easiest, IMO)
6) Find Drummer Boy if he doesn't approach you first, and he should tell you that Tinker Tom wants to talk about the DIA cache
7) Talk to Tom, who will talk about the DIA cache and mention "ballistic polymer weave"
You might need to talk to Drummer Boy additional times between some of these steps, but he'll usually come find you, anyways.
Now, you won't get a message saying you've unlocked the upgrade or anything, but Tom should be selling various "Armored" clothing now, and you should see a lot of your clothing items appear in the list of upgradable items at armor workbenches.
Probably the best clothes to upgrade would be Army Fatigues, Dirty Army Fatigues, or a Baseball Uniform, since they grant a STR bonus. Also note that there are 4 hats (Battered Fedora, Green Rag Hat, Newsboy Cap, Trilby Hat) that can be upgraded to make your defense even more impressive.
For a full list of compatible clothing, see here:
Next video, I'll be grabbing an X-01 power armor suit.
Game: Fallout 4
Platform: *PC* / XOne /PS4
Developer: Bethesda Game Studios
Publisher: Bethesda Softworks
Recorded with Elgato Game Capture HD60 Pro
Windows 7 SP1 64-bit
GTX 970 FTW+
Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 1600GHz
Gameplay and Editing By: Wolfwood824
Check out my other videos and playlists!
Visit me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter
➜ http://twitter.com/Wolfwood824 -
Support me on Patreon:
➜ https://www.patreon.com/WolfieGGnS -
Follow me on Vidme: