Last updated: September 17, 2015
Welcome to Vidme! Our products and services are provided by Bit Kitchen, Inc. We respect your privacy, and we created this policy to help you understand how we handle the information we collect when you use the websites, mobile applications, and other services and products provided by Bit Kitchen (collectively, the “Services”), and what choices you have about these processes.
Information We May Collect
You may post content to the Services without creating an account. When you do this, our servers automatically collect certain technical information (“Technical Data”) about your use of the Services. Technical Data is collected as follows:
- Log Data. Our servers automatically recognize and log visitors' IP addresses (the number assigned to computers on the Internet), Internet service provider, browser type, computer platform, referring web site, date and time of access, links clicked through, and possibly other information as well.
- Global Positioning System (GPS) Functionality. When you access the Services using a GPS-enabled (or equivalent "location-aware") device, we may collect this information from your device, and use it to provide certain location-based services, and you hereby consent to our collection and use of all such information. By way of example only, and not of limitation, we may use this information to display your distance from or your current location to other users with whom you are "friends" or with whom you share a group (or equivalent).
- Other Device and Contact Information. Certain features of the Services require access to your device's native phonebook and image storage applications (e.g., to find friends or to store a message in your photo gallery). If you choose to find friends, the phone numbers in your device's native phonebook will be transmitted to our servers. When you create an account with us, you may voluntarily provide us with certain information in addition to the Technical Data above which may include personally identifying information (“Account Information”).
Use of Information
We use the information we collect to provide our Services to you, as well as to improve them, develop new products, and protect ourselves and our users. For example, we may keep track of how people use two different versions of a product, which can help us learn which version is better.
We may also use your information as follows:
- Account Information. We may use your personal information to verify your identity or to help your friends find you on the Services. We may also use your contact information to respond to your questions or comments, to inform you of any changes to our Services, to send you additional information about Vidme and/or the Services, and to offer you other products, programs or services that we believe may be of interest to you from time to time.
- Technical Data. We use anonymous Technical Data to analyze our website traffic, but we do not examine this information for individually identifying information. In addition, we may use anonymous IP addresses to help diagnose problems with our servers, to administer our Services, or to display the content according to your preferences. Traffic and Site activity information may also be shared with advertisers and other third parties on an aggregate and anonymous basis.
Disclosure of Information
When you post content to the Services, your content becomes public and anyone can view it. We may disclose other information about you or your use of the Services, which may include Technical Data and/or Account Information, under certain appropriate circumstances, such as:
- With your consent;
- When we have a good-faith belief that we must in order to comply with the law or with legal process served on us or our affiliates,
- When necessary to protect and defend our rights or property, or those of our users, or to act under exigent circumstances to protect the safety of our users or the public at large; or
- To facilitate a sale of the Services or a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, or similar transaction or proceeding that involves the transfer of the information described in this Policy.
You have various choices about your information on the Services:
- You can post content to the Services without signing up for an account, in which case we only collect Technical Data and Device Data from you.
- When you do create an account with us, you can access and edit your profile at any time accessing the Settings page when logged in.
- You can deactivate push notifications or alerts to your device at any time by changing your settings within our mobile application (Android) or by changing the notification settings on your device (iOS).
- You can grant or revoke permission for Vidme and/or any of our Services to access Device Information. If you decide to revoke this permission, you can do so by following the standard uninstall process and removing the application from your device. Alternatively, on iOS devices, you can grant or revoke your consent at any time and prevent us from continuing to access your phonebook and image storage applications by changing the settings on your device.
- You can choose whether to accept cookies by changing the settings on your browser. However, if you choose to disable this function, your experience at our Services may be diminished and some features may not work as they were intended.
- You may disable the collection of GPS information by altering your device settings so that location information is no longer made available, but if you do so this could negatively affect your experience while using or otherwise accessing the Services.
- Although we hate to see you go, you may also close your account at any time by going to your profile settings and clicking the “Delete Account” link. When you close your account all of your videos will be deleted and unrecoverable. Comments associated with your account will also be deleted.
Information about Children
The Services are not intended for or directed towards children under 13. We understand and are committed to respecting the sensitive nature of children's privacy online. If we learn or have reason to suspect that a user is under 13, we will promptly take any action we may deem appropriate, including without limitation conducting further inquiry/investigation and/or deleting that user's account. If you learn that your minor child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us at email@example.com.
Notice to Users Outside the United States
You consent to having your personal data transferred to and processed in the United States.
We have security measures in place to prevent the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information that we obtain from you, but we can make no assurances regarding our ability to prevent any such loss, misuse or alteration.
Consent to Communications
You consent to receive communications from us electronically and agree that we may communicate with you by email, by posting notices on the Services, or via push notifications on your mobile device. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
We will never email you to ask for your password or other account information. If you receive such an email, please send it to us so we can catch the bad guys.
If you have any questions about this Policy, or, our practices related to our Services, please submit your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may change this policy from time to time, and if we do we’ll post any changes on this page. If you continue to use the Services after those changes go into effect, you agree to the revised Policy. If the changes are significant, we may provide more prominent notice or get your consent as required by law.