In this episode, I cut a hole in the bottom of the second great stuff pumpkin, solder some pins on all of my Arduino boards, and then spend the rest of the time flushing my hot water tank. Ungh! What started as a simple dishwasher repair turned into an event lasting until 2:00 am, negating my desire to do anything other than go to bed! So with this mess out of the way, we should be back to accomplishing stuff in the next episode. I do briefly discuss some of my existing props and one of them we may tackle for repair. Follow along and you can live this nightmare too!
About the music. I know it sounds like shit. It's the best version I could get passed YouTube. Shhh! ;)
Flush procedure that worked for me @ 11:39
1) Turn off water to the unit.
2) Turn off your home furnace / boiler, as that's what heats the water in the tank, not the tank itself. (optional)
3) Connect hose to bottom of unit spigot labeled "Cold / Drain"
4) Run hose outside or to suitable location. Hose should be at floor level
5) Open spigot, then turn on hot water at a faucet, or carefully manipulate the pressure release valve on top of the unit to allow air to fill the tank to replace the water that's draining. (On second thought, try it with the faucets off and pressure relief left alone. It's possible the pressure in the tank will push the water out faster. Don't know why I didn't think of that last night, but I could be wrong.)
6) Allow to drain fully. This will take 45 minutes to an hour. Close spigot, and turn water back on to tank.
7) Allow to fill for 30 seconds to a minute.
8) Turn off water to tank, open spigot, drain tank.
9) Repeat until the water becomes clear(er).
10) Repeat again but allow tank to fully fill. Drain tank again.
11) Close spigot, disconnect hose, turn water back on to tank, turn furnace / boiler back on, and you're done.
Make sure to follow my channel so you don't miss an episode, can enjoy the fun, and learn how to make these Halloween props yourself!
DIY Halloween Vlog 2016:
Follow Lake Terror-Among-Us Manor on Facebook!